** In memory of Prof. Gershon David Hundert A'H**
**To support the podcast or to sponsor an episode: https://seforimchatter.com/support-seforimchatter/ or email firstname.lastname@example.org (Zelle/QP this email address)**
** Sponsored by Mosaica Press. Check out Dimensions in Chumash, by Rabbi Immanuel Bernstein, takes key topics and episodes from the Chumash, and based on a vast array of famous commentators, guides readers to a new level of understanding, illumination, and inspiration.
To purchase Bereishis-Shemos: https://amzn.to/3shCcPr
To purchase Vayikra-Bamidbar-Devarim: https://amzn.to/49oAexu
To purchase the 2 Volume set: https://mosaicapress.com/product/dimensions-in-chumash/**
** Sruly Tress has undertaken to republish a momentous work that delves deeply into the fiery controversy surrounding machine-made matzoh in 1850s Galicia, Poland. This painstaking endeavor involves the meticulous recreation and annotation of treasured kuntresim, complemented by a bounty of supplementary materials and subsequent writings that further illuminate the subject matter. These included such Rabbonim as the venerable Rov of Brody, Reb Shlomo Kluger; the renowned Shoel Uneishiv (Rav Yosef Shaul Nathanson) and esteemed Rebbes of Ger and Tzanz, among many other luminaries.
He is trying to crowdfund the remaining money needed to publish this work, and all donations above 2600 will get a full zechar nishmas page in the sefer.
I am not personally affiliated with this project, so any additional questions should please be sent to email@example.com.
To donate: https://pay.banquest.com/sbmvly**
• With Prof. Gershon David Hundert A'H discussing Dov Ber (Birkenthal) of Bolechów's (1723 – 1805) memoirs
• We discussed a general overview of Polish Jewry in the 18th centruy, Dov Ber of Bolechòw's background, life as a wine merchant, qhy he wrote Divrei Binah and a memoir, style history book/memoir, various examples from his work (including: Encounter with Kazimierz Pulaski – An American Revolutionary war hero -, his encounter with an illuminated Bible, his comments on Chasidim, remarks on the early career of the Kalever Rebbe, mother and wife, comments on SZ and the Frank movement, and much more), his purported role in the 1759 disputation in Lviv (Lemberg) with the Frankist movement and Rav Chaim HaKohen Rappaport, the manuscript and publication history of the work, and much more.
• To purchase Prof. Hundert's new edition of Divrei Binah/Zichronos: https://www.bialik-publishing.co.il/index.php?dir=site&page=catalog&op=item&cs=6234
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org for easy order and shipment of a copy to the US.
• To purchase, “The Jews in a Private Polish Town: The case of Opatòw in the Eighteenth Century”: https://amzn.to/49oA35i
• To purchase, “Jews in Poland-Lithunia in the Eighteenth Century”: https://amzn.to/47njAwl
• To purchase, “The YIVO Encyclopedia of Jews in Eastern Europe”: https://amzn.to/3snzUOL
• To access the Encyclopedia free online: https://yivoencyclopedia.org/